Career with us | Project Associate – Crowdsourcing for Elections Program
Thursday, July 11th, 2013 | Position Filled
Local Interventions Group is a southern non-profit working with data-driven solutions for smarter governance. We grew out of a student research seminar at the London School of Economics and launched programs in Nepal in September 2011. We take risks, we are willing to fail in pursuit of changing conventional behaviour in development sector, and we seek to enhance local input in development interventions.
LIG is deploying a crowdsourcing platform for Nepal’s next election that involves citizens directly in auditing electoral processes by anonymously reporting eye- witness election-related incidents to a centralized web-based platform. This pioneering technical intervention seeks to revolutionise the way information flows during Nepal’s next election. LIG is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual to serve as a Project Associate for ‘Crowdsourcing for Elections Program’ in Kathmandu. You will possess:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, especially communications and relationship management.
- An ability to work independently and perform as a self-starter who can take initiative with minimal supervision is essential, as is an ability to work under pressure and on a range of tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Work as per the direction of Programme Coordinator in executing overall project duties for ‘Crowdsourcing for Elections’ project.
You will conduct outreach and build relationships with civil society members in Kathmandu, collect information and updates on ‘Crowdsourcing for Elections’ initiatives globally and support the organizations with overall administrative duties such as writing reports, blogs and analysing data.
- Fresh graduate with Masters Degree or currently pursuing Masters level studies.
- Position is based in Kathmandu, with frequent travels.
- Exceptional remuneration package and benefits for well qualified candidates.
Details on How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position. Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with thesubject title "CS Project Associate." Strictly no telephone calls.